Master of Finance (MC-FINANCE) // Attributes, outcomes and skills
You’re currently viewing the 2021 version of this course
About this course
Currently enrolled students:
- General information: https://ask.unimelb.edu.au
- Contact Stop 1
- Further information: mbs.unimelb.edu.au
- Submit an enquiry
Intended learning outcomes
- Describe the key features of the global financial system.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the fundamental principles of finance across a variety of specialisations including financial markets, corporate finance, investment management, quantitative finance and financial technology.
- Explain the role of finance and the finance industry in the broader economy.
- Identify, source, manipulate and analyse data and other information necessary for making financial decisions.
- Analyse and solve complex financial problems.
- Critically evaluate alternative financial theories, propositions and arguments.
- Communicate financial concepts and ideas to both specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- Apply financial concepts, theories and methodologies to formulate sound financial policies for individuals, corporations, governments and other agencies.
- Assess recent developments in the finance industry and professional practice.
- Oral and written communication
- Problem solving
- Application of theory to practice
- Team work
- Critical thinking
- Evaluation of data
On successful completion of this degree graduates will be:
- Knowledgeable across a variety of finance specialisations including financial markets, corporate finance, investment management, quantitative finance and financial technology.
- Skilled in analysing and solving complex financial problems.
- Critical thinkers aware of the contribution of financial theory to sound financial decision making in practice.
- Effective communicators of financial concepts and ideas to both specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- Effective team members through participation in collaborative exercises.
- Adept at retrieval and manipulation of financial information and data from a variety of sources.
- Aware of the importance of applying high ethical standards in professional practice.
Last updated: 24 August 2022