1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have:
- an undergraduate degree in any discipline with at least an H2B (70%) weighted average; and
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
2. In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
- prior academic performance; and
- relevance of previous studies.
3. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Academic Board rules on the use of selection instruments.
4. Applicants are required to satisfy the university's English language requirements for graduate courses. For those applicants seeking to meet these requirements by one of the standard tests approved by the Academic Board, performance band 6.5 is required.
The English Language Requirement must be satisfied and the applicant must be at native competency or near-native competency in the Chinese Language.
Please note: Credentials for language competence will be determined by the course coordinator/selection committee, and may include prior study, tests and interviews. Native speaker is broadly defined here as a person who has spoken the language from birth and has had the majority of their education in the medium of that language.
Applicants with the following may be awarded up to 50 points of credit:
- an undergraduate degree in a cognate discipline with a weighted average mark of at least H2B (70%), or equivalent.
Inherent requirements (core participation requirements)
The University of Melbourne is committed to providing students reasonable adjustments to assessment and participation under the Disability Standards for Education (2005) and the Assessment and Results Policy (MPF127). For the purposes of considering requests for reasonable adjustments, academic requirements for this course are articulated in the overview, attributes, outcomes and skills of this entry. Further details about how to seek academic adjustments can be found on the Student Equity and Disability Support website: http://services.unimelb.edu.au/student-equity/home
Last updated: 5 March 2021