- Specialist Certificate in Nursing Practice (Acute and Complex Care)
- Entry and participation requirements
About this course
ContactMelbourne School of Professional and Continuing Education
Phone: + 61 3 8344 0149
Monday to Friday 8am to 9pm. Weekends and University of Melbourne observed Public Holidays 10am to 5pm.Further information: https://study.unimelb.edu.au/find/courses/graduate/specialist-certificate-in-nursing-practice/
1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
- A three-year undergraduate degree in the discipline of nursing, or equivalent; and
- At least one (1) year documented evidence of clinical experience as a Registered Nurse working in an acute, sub-acute or community health care service within the preceding five years from the time of application
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
2. In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
- prior academic performance; and
- the work experience.
3. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Academic Board rules on the use of selection instruments
4. Applicants are required to satisfy the university’s English language requirements for graduate courses. For those applicants seeking to meet these requirements by one of the standard tests approved by the Academic Board, performance band 6.5 is required.
- a) Graduates of the Specialist Certificate in Nursing Practice who meet the entry requirements for the Graduate Certificate in Nursing Practice will be eligible to apply for 25 credit points of advanced standing for the Graduate Certificate in Nursing Practice.
Inherent requirements (core participation requirements)
For the purposes of considering a request for Reasonable Adjustments under the Disability Standards for Education (2005), and Students Experiencing Academic Disadvantage Policy, academic requirements for this subject are articulated in the Subject Description, Subject Objectives, Generic Skills and Assessment Requirements of this entry.The University is dedicated to providing support to those with special requirements. Further details on the disability support scheme can be found at the Disability Liaison Unit website. http://www.services.unimelb.edu.au/disability/
Last updated: 17 July 2021