Intended learning outcomes
- Achieve oral and written German Level A2 of the Common European Framework of Languages;
- Engage with a range of different genres and texts relevant in German-speaking social and cultural contexts;
- Understand key issues pertaining to German-speaking culture and society associated with the language, and appreciate its cultural contexts;
- Apply relevant research and analytical skills to small self-directed research projects in German and European Studies;
- Use a range of learning techniques and resources (in German and English) as autonomous, motivated, self-directed and well-organised learners;
- Engage critically and constructively in transcultural and identity issues as global citizens in a multilingual society.
- Independent learning
- Critical thinking and in the interpretation of texts
- Ability to understand the social and cultural sensitivity of language use in particular contexts;
- Ability to appreciate different cultural contexts present in German-speaking communities;
- Ability to time manage and plan: through managing and organising workloads for required and recommended reading, essay and assignment completion and revision for examinations.
- intercultural competence,
- appreciation and respect for diversity,
- critical thinking,
- digital literacy and workplace professionalism.
Last updated: 11 February 2021