Please refer to the return to campus page for more information on these delivery modes and students who can enrol in each mode based on their location.
Semester 2 - Dual-Delivery
|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject was formerly called Advanced Landscape Technology.
This subject links the creative, practical and technical aspects of landscape architecture design process to construction by developing knowledge and skills that translate and communicate design into the language of construction documentation emphasising the materiality and assemblage of hard scapes. The subject also introduces CAD as the graphic medium for documentation. Knowledge and skills are developed through a series of assessment components:
A group assignment to critically review real documentation packages, conduct site visits and interview designers and present findings to their peers; and the main assignment of a landscape detail design and documentation project that utilises and synthesises skills and knowledge gained in the first two assignments and prerequisite subjects.
The assessment criteria encourage the integration of ESD technologies in the detail design process and the development of CAD skills. The subject is delivered through a series of lectures, CAD intensives, and weekly design documentation tutorials, readings, site visits, interviews with designers and presentations.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of the subject students should be able to:
- Understand landscape detail design and construction as an integral part of the design process;
- Synthesise and integrate practical and technical knowledge with creative design;
- Develop detail design skills focusing on materiality and construction;
- Translate landscape architecture detail design into construction documentation at a basic levelutilising CAD.
- Design skills at the scale of landscape construction details.
- Literacyin technical writing, drawing and communication.
- Ability to workin groups as a means to enhance teaching and learning experiences.
- Familiarity with typical construction documentation methods required in landscape architectural offices.
Last updated: 9 September 2021