Please refer to the return to campus page for more information on these delivery modes and students who can enrol in each mode based on their location.
Semester 2 - Dual-Delivery
|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject aims to provide a range of applied skills to operate as a property professional in the area of property valuation and management. The subject examines:
- ownership and use perspectives as they apply to investment, valuation and management of real property as a business;
- property classes, market sectors and specialised properties;
- managing the physical asset in the various ownership and use scenarios, including legal, OHS, risk management, environmental and market demands;
- lease income and management.
The application of quantitative methods in analysis will be emphasised. These will include: discounted cashflow analysis, real estate finance and financial analysis, post taxation analysis and securitisation.
Intended learning outcomes
At the conclusion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Model property valuation and investment financial flows;
- Understand the principles and techniques of property and asset valuation and analysis;
- Understand the effects of taxation and finance on property investment and development;
- Understand the character and role of property management systems and practices across a range of property types from a range of stakeholder perspectives;
- Be aware of the social, legal, economic and environmental impacts of property.
In this subject students will develop:
- computer skills using spreadsheets, online data bases and investment analysis software;
- analytical skills – financial analysis techniques and taxation allowances in solving investment property valuation and analysis problems;
- communication skills – an enhanced ability to communicate analysed interpretations of property management outcomes through written and oral presentations;
- problem solving skills – an increased body of knowledge associated with resolution of contemporary issues and practices in property management;
- team working skills – an enhanced ability to generate and communicate a range of relevant property management practices and procedures at an appropriate academic and professional standard.
Last updated: 9 September 2021