Please refer to the return to campus page for more information on these delivery modes and students who can enrol in each mode based on their location.
|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject further develops fundamental knowledge of real estate assets and markets, and applies learnings in context of technical modelling and evaluation of real estate assets, for redevelopment, valuation and asset repositioning. Topics covered include: advanced development feasibility; advanced asset valuation and advanced asset repositioning considerations. These topic areas are supplemented by development of advanced technical modelling skills utilizing proprietary software, providing students with the potential for external accreditation in commonly used industry software. Students are required to apply this knowledge and skills to a real-life case project and develop a range of potential solutions for optimization of the asset.
The subject has four aims:
- Provide students with an advanced understanding of complex real estate challenges and identifying opportunities for repositioning or re-development of the asset;
- Provide students with the ability to critically analyse real estate asset health using qualitative and quantitative frameworks and formulate a strategic plan and model these from a financial perspective;
- To equip students with specialist expertise in technical skills to undertake advanced development feasibility, advanced property valuation and life-cycle analysis utilizing industry proprietary software;
- Develop students capacity to critically analyse, design, create and propose new well-researched and financially modelled strategies for real estate assets.
Intended learning outcomes
- Apply specialist knowledge and skills in response to the analysis of challenges and create strategic opportunities for property assets
- Critique existing property data analyses, valuation, feasibilities and reports;
- Analyse the complex opportunities and create strategies for property assets in terms of valuation, development and asset repositioning
- Identify and develop strategies and solutions using proprietary industry software for complex property situations.
- Identify key challenges and opportunities for property assets for long-term financial viability;
- Apply proprietary software to identify and analyse property asset solutions;
- Communicate opportunities to peers and community through detailed analysis and report writing;
- Written, verbal and visual presentation of ideas; and
- Information gathering and critical synthesis skills
Last updated: 21 June 2021