Please refer to the return to campus page for more information on these delivery modes and students who can enrol in each mode based on their location.
March - Online
|Fees||Look up fees|
The field of clinical education is rapidly developing in order to meet Australia’s health workforce needs. The content of this subject addresses the multiple roles of health education leaders in this environment; to maintain and further develop evidence-based quality in education delivery and underpinning scholarship; to ensure clinical education curriculum and training produces competent and safe health care professionals, and to manage and effectively lead people across different levels of complex organisations.
To equip students for these roles, this subject will cover theories and models of leadership and how concepts of leadership can be applied to health care education leaders. The subject content will be grounded in the context of current reforms in education and training.
Recognising, responding, managing and leading clinical education in this context, requires clinicians with current or future clinical leadership responsibilities to have a scholarly grasp of leadership and change management theory. Students will also require skills in change management, leading in complex organisations, and methods of transformational, interpersonal and distributed leadership.
Teaching/learning formats include case studies with small and full group discussions, interactive presentations, and panel discussions. The informal exchange of insights and experiences among participants and invited lecturers drawn from multiple professional disciplines is a vital part of the experience.
Intended learning outcomes
By completing this subject, participants should be able to:
- formulate evidence-based approaches to transforming and improving clinical teaching and learning
- plan effective strategies for developing and managing clinical education teams
- drive the implementation of change in an effective and sustainable manner
- communicate a vision for change effectively with all stakeholders
On successful completion of this course, participants should have:
- Developed a greater capacity to use reflection and self awareness in clinical leadership roles.
- Refined their communication, advocacy and conflict resolution skills to convey change imperatives
- Developed organisational and planning skills
Last updated: 11 February 2021