Please refer to the return to campus page for more information on these delivery modes and students who can enrol in each mode based on their location.
A subject reader will be available.
- Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey, ed. Claire Grogan (Norton Critical Edition)
- Matthew Lewis, The Monk, World’s Classics (OUP)
- Edgar Allan Poe, The Selected Writings of Edgar Allan Poe, ed. G R Thompson (Norton Critical Edition)
- Anne Radcliffe, The Italian (OUP)
- Mary Shelley, Frankenstein, ed. P Hunter (Norton Critical Edition)
- Bram Stoker, Dracula, ed. Auerbach & Skal (Norton Critical Edition)
- Charlaine Harris, Dead Until Dark (Ace)
- Ahmed Saadawi, Frankenstein in Baghdad (Oneworld)
Films may include:
- Francis Ford Coppola, Bram Stoker’s Dracula
- F. W. Murnau, Nosferatu: Eine Symphonie des Grauens
- James Whale, Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein
- Subject notes
Formerly available as 106-277/377 and 106-052 Gothic Fictions. Students who have completed 106-277, 106-377 or 106-052 Gothic Fictions are not eligible to enrol in this subject.
- Related Handbook entries
- Breadth options
This subject is available as breadth in the following courses:
- Bachelor of Biomedicine
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Design
- Bachelor of Environments
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Acting)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Animation)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Dance)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Film and Television)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Production)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Screenwriting)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Theatre)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Visual Art)
- Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Science
- Available through the Community Access Program
About the Community Access Program (CAP)
This subject is available through the Community Access Program (also called Single Subject Studies) which allows you to enrol in single subjects offered by the University of Melbourne, without the commitment required to complete a whole degree.
Entry requirements including prerequisites may apply. Please refer to the CAP applications page for further information.
- Available to Study Abroad and/or Study Exchange Students
This subject is available to students studying at the University from eligible overseas institutions on exchange and study abroad. Students are required to satisfy any listed requirements, such as pre- and co-requisites, for enrolment in the subject.
Last updated: 4 February 2023