Please refer to the return to campus page for more information on these delivery modes and students who can enrol in each mode based on their location.
Recommended texts and other resources
- Levinton J.S. Marine Biology: Function, Biodiversity, Ecology
- Garrison T.S. Oceanography: An Invitation to Marine Science
- Subject notes
This subject is available for science credit to students enrolled in the BSc (both pre-2008 and new degrees),
- Off-campus study
This subject has a field work component
Weekend field excursion on either Saturday 17th or Sunday 18th of April to Williamstown.
- Related Handbook entries
This subject contributes to the following:
Type Name Major Zoology Informal specialisation Science Discipline subjects - new generation B-SCI Informal specialisation Elective subjects for B-BMED Major Botany Informal specialisation Zoology Informal specialisation Environments Discipline subjects Informal specialisation Botany Breadth Track Marine Life
- Breadth options
This subject is available as breadth in the following courses:
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Design
- Bachelor of Environments
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Acting)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Animation)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Dance)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Film and Television)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Music Theatre)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Production)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Screenwriting)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Theatre)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Visual Art)
- Bachelor of Music
- Available through the Community Access Program
About the Community Access Program (CAP)
This subject is available through the Community Access Program (also called Single Subject Studies) which allows you to enrol in single subjects offered by the University of Melbourne, without the commitment required to complete a whole degree.
Entry requirements including prerequisites may apply. Please refer to the CAP applications page for further information.
- Available to Study Abroad and/or Study Exchange Students
This subject is available to students studying at the University from eligible overseas institutions on exchange and study abroad. Students are required to satisfy any listed requirements, such as pre- and co-requisites, for enrolment in the subject.
Last updated: 17 June 2021