Please refer to the return to campus page for more information on these delivery modes and students who can enrol in each mode based on their location.
Semester 1 - Online
|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject is designed for students who have successfully completed Korean 2, or equivalent. Students develop their ability to communicate in Korean and their understanding of Korea by engaging with key themes in contemporary Korean cultures and society such as popular cultures, food, fashion, design, literature and social issues. Students’ knowledge and ability to use linguistic resources are expanded by reading authentic materials from magazines and newspapers, watching and discussing video clips of music and dramas, producing short summaries, and engaging in informal discussion.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- utilise intermediate grammatical structures appropriately refer to present situations;
- deploy intermediate vocabulary relating to the self, popular cultures, food, fashion, art and literature ;
- conduct conversations about the self, personal relationship and interests at an intermediate level;
- produce written descriptive texts about the self, personal interests and society;
- have developed a differentiated and informed understanding of how to present the self and interest in different social context;
- understand and deploy key Korean cultural traditions and practices;
- apprehend the interaction of language and identity and appreciate regional and cultural diversity.
- process, organise and integrate information using analytical skills and learning strategies;
- communicate ideas effectively in written and oral formats;
- work collaboratively and productively in groups to meet shared goals;
- operate effectively in transcultural and diverse environments;
- engage confidently in self-directed study and research;
- plan work, use time effectively and manage small projects;
- effectively use information from diverse sources.
Last updated: 9 September 2021