Please refer to the return to campus page for more information on these delivery modes and students who can enrol in each mode based on their location.
Semester 1 - Online
Semester 2 - Online
|Fees||Look up fees|
Students enrolled in this subject will complete a four-week (full-time equivalent) internship with an external organisation. Students will be supervised by the Subject Coordinator in collaboration with a designated party at the host organisation. Students will work across a range of tasks relevant to the organisation’s objectives, and will develop and complete a specific project in discussion with the host organisation and the Subject Coordinator. The Internship experience will enable students to extend and apply the knowledge acquired through the EMA, will provide students with a valuable professional experience, and will extend their professional networks. The internship will facilitate the application of knowledge acquired through coursework to a professional workplace.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- work effectively in a professional environment;
- apply and extend knowledge obtained through prior completion of EMA subjects in a professional setting;
- learn to work autonomously on a range of tasks;
- develop project management skills; and
- effectively communicate results of the project to the host organisation and to an academic audience.
At the completion of this subject, students should gain the following generic skills:
- advanced communication skills (written and verbal) appropriate to professional contexts;
- project management skills, including scoping projects, developing timelines and meeting deadlines;
- task management skills;
- research and critical thinking skills as applied to a professional context; and
- interpersonal skills, including the capacity to work effectively in a professional setting.
Last updated: 28 July 2021