This specialisation of the Graduate Certificate allows students to expand their body of knowledge by completing the requirements of the Applied Mathematics specialisation in the Mathematics and Statistics major of the Bachelor of Science. It provides a pathway into the Master of Science (Mathematics and Statistics).
Intended learning outcomes
Upon completion of this specialisation, students should be able to:
- Construct detailed, logical, clearly presented and justified arguments;
- Formulate and model practical and abstract problems in mathematics, including the use of information technology where appropriate;
- Solve complex problems through the Identification and application of appropriate mathematical tools;
- Communicate advanced mathematical ideas to an audience with a heterogeneous background in sciences;
- Utilise a broad range of mathematical methods, with a particular emphasis on applied mathematics;
- Investigate the universal utility of mathematics within all fields of science;
- Explain how mathematics is a discipline based on rigorous proofs and logical deduction.
Last updated: 12 November 2022