Please note that PD-ARTS Postgraduate Diploma in Arts will no longer be accepting new applications as of the 1st January 2015, the program from 2015 will be offered as GDA-ARTS Graduate Diploma in Arts (Advanced). Please refer to the correct handbook entry for program information for commencing students from 2015.
See program overview
Intended learning outcomes
Students who complete the Postgraduate Diploma in Arts should:
- methodological issues in several key areas of Islamic studies;
- the philosophical and theoretical underpinnings of Islamic perspectives on the social sciences such as education, economics, anthropology, politics and sociology;
- major trends of contemporary Islamic thought and the social, political, and historical context within which this thought is shaped;
- contemporary attempts at reform;
- how to design and write a preparatory research dissertation on an Islamic studies topic;
- key issues that arise in interdisciplinary contexts of research in Islamic studies.
Last updated: 10 November 2023