About this course
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
Level 1, Brownless Biomedical Library
The University of Melbourne (Parkville Campus)
Victoria 3010, Australia
Future students: http://mdhs-study.unimelb.edu.au/degrees/master-of-medicine/overview
Current students: firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate Dean (Research Training)
|Award title||Master of Medicine|
|Year & campus||2022 — Parkville|
|Fees information||Subject EFTSL, level, discipline and census date|
|Study level & type||Graduate Research|
|Duration||2 years full-time, or equivalent part-time|
The Master of Medicine by research can be undertaken in the following departments of the Melbourne Medical School:
- General Practice
- Medicine, St Vincent's Hospital
- Medicine, Western Precinct
- Paediatrics, Royal Children's Hospital
- Students may commence the Higher Degree by Research at any time during the year between 1st March and 31 October. Commencement between 1st and 28th February or between 1st and 30th November may be approved subject to approval of the proposed principal supervisor. Commencement in January or December is not permitted.
- Commencement in the degree is subject to prior arrangement with their nominated supervisor and the Learning and Teaching Unit. (Scholarships have separate rules and students should seek approval from Melbourne Scholarships to vary their scholarship commencement).
- Please check with the relevant academic unit prior to making any arrangements for enrolment or travel.
A range of University policies and procedures apply to Higher Degrees by Research and students should familiarise themselves with these policies via the University Policy Library.
Last updated: 29 January 2022