About this course
The Melbourne Conservatorium of Music offers a wide range of study options including:
Graduate Research programs:
• Master of Music - specialisations available in Performance, Conducting, Composition, Musicology, Ethnomusicology and Music Therapy.
• Doctor of Philosophy - a research degree, during which the candidate undertakes a substantial piece of original research that makes a distinct contribution to knowledge in the chosen discipline
Graduate Coursework programs:
• Master of Music (Performance Teaching) - a specialist coursework degree enabling graduates in Western classical and contemporary music to work as performer-teachers in a variety of situations including community, private provider and further education settings and as instrumental/vocal instructors in schools.
• Master of Music (Opera Performance) - a specialist coursework degree, offered in conjunction with Victorian Opera, delivering elite-level training for opera performers.
• Master of Music Therapy - a coursework program leading to professional registration as Music Therapists (RMT) with the Australian Music Therapy Association (Inc.).
Last updated: 2 March 2024