About this course
All students are required to complete 100 points in the program, the equivalent of a major, through the following progression sequence. The Language program is based on proficiency so each student must meet the requirements of each level before they can proceed to the next level:
- 25 points (2 subjects) of level 1
- 37.50 points (3 subjects) of level 2
- 37.50 points (3 subjects) of level 3
Please Note: Undergraduate students completing Chinese Studies entry point 1 (beginners) require 125 points of study, therefore it is not possible to complete the equivalent of a Chinese Studies major through the D-Lang, students are required to take the further 25 points (2 subjects) within their bachelor’s program pending on capacity and course requirements.
Undergraduate students can commence the Diploma in their first year or second year of their respective Bachelor degrees. Similarly, Graduate coursework and RHD students may, with co-ordinator approval may commence before their final 50 points of study.
- Students enrolling in the Diploma concurrently with a Bachelor degree from first year will complete 100 points of study in addition to their Bachelor degree program.
- Students enrolling in the Diploma concurrently with a Bachelor degree from second year, having completed 25 points of language at Level 1 will complete a further 75 points of language study within the diploma.
- Students enrolling in the diploma at third year, having completed 25 points of level 1 and 25 points at level 2 in their Bachelor degree will complete the remaining 100 points of the diploma. Students choosing this option will be able to complete 350 points in total.
- Students enrolled in a Graduate Coursework or RHD program will contact their course co-ordinator or supervisor to discuss their specific course progression.
It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that s/he meets the requirements of the Diploma by enrolling in the correct number of subjects at the appropriate year level.
Last updated: 26 June 2022