Graduate Diploma in Clinical Psychology (GD-CLINPSY) // Entry and participation requirements
About this course
1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
- An accredited Master of Clinical Neuropsychology, or an accredited Master of Professional Psychology or an equivalent qualification, and
- A 500 word personal statement outlining why the applicant wishes to be considered for the course , and
- Two referee reports, and
- Documented relevant clinical work experience, and
- Demonstrated proof of registration as a psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia and,
- Attend a selection interview (short-listed applicants only).
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
2. In ranking applications, the Selection Committee may consider:
- Prior academic performance, including additional education or prizes; and
- Professional experience, including additional education or prizes; and
- Suitability for clinical training as determined by the interview, personal statement and referee reports.
3. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Academic Board rules on the use of selection instruments.
4. Applicants are required to satisfy the University’s English language requirements for postgraduate courses. For those applicants seeking to meet these requirements by one of the standard tests approved by the Academic Board, performance band 7 is required.
Inherent requirements (core participation requirements)
Inherent requirements are the abilities, knowledge and skills needed to complete this course that must be met by all students. For information on the inherent requirements specific to this course contact the course/program coordinator. In some circumstances reasonable adjustments may be available to enable students to meet these requirements while still preserving the academic integrity of the university's learning, assessment and accreditation processes. For more information on how to seek these adjustments refer to the Student Equity and Disability Support website: https://services.unimelb.edu.au/student-equity/home
Last updated: 10 February 2023