You’re currently viewing the 2022 version of this course
About this course
Intended learning outcomes
This course will enable students to develop and refine their ability to:
- manipulate and manage the materials and processes involved in the chosen visual art medium;
- express ideas and personal concerns through the chosen visual art medium;
- gather and synthesise information and other resources in the service of a personal art practice;
- discuss contemporary art practice and its personal, professional and social involvements.
On completion of this course students will be able to:
- plan and organise their own studio work and utilise time effectively to suit the demands of their developing methodologies;
- analyse historical and contemporary art methodologies relevant to their practical work;
- investigate through experiment, areas of practical relevance from a wide range of historical and contemporary sources;
- demonstrate developing knowledge of contemporary art practice, including skills and techniques relevant to their developing practice;
- communicate verbally opinions, ideas and observations with regard to their work and the work of others, in group and individual teaching and learning situations.
Last updated: 12 November 2022