Master of Data Science (MC-DATASC) // Entry and participation requirements
About this course
Currently enrolled students:
- General information: https://ask.unimelb.edu.au
- Contact Stop 1
- Further information: http://science.unimelb.edu.au/
1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
- Any undergraduate degree with a major in Computer Science, Data Science or Statistics with a weighted average mark of at least H3 (65%), or equivalent; and
- A 12.5 point subject from computer science or related disciplines whose content is focused on computer programming (taken at any tertiary year level); and
- MAST10006 (Calculus 2) or equivalent; and
- MAST10007 (Linear Algebra) or equivalent
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
2. In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
- Prior academic performance.
3. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Academic Board rules on the use of selection instruments.
4. Applicants are required to satisfy the university’s English language requirements for postgraduate courses. For those applicants seeking to meet these requirements by one of the standard tests approved by the Academic Board, performance band 6.5 is required.
Students entering the program with the approved equivalent of both Statistics and Computer Science majors may accelerate through to a 150-point program.
In order to be eligible for guaranteed Commonwealth Supported Place (for domestic students) or international fee place in the Master of Data Science, students must:
- Complete an Australian Year 12 or the International Baccalaureate (IB) in 2018 or later either:
- in Australia; or
- outside Australia and be an Australian citizen;and
- Achieve an ATAR (or notional ATAR) of 96.00 or above;
- Enrol immediately in an undergraduate degree at the University of Melbourne or be granted deferral in the year following Year 12;
- Successfully complete an undergraduate degree in one of the above-mentioned majors at the University of Melbourne;
- Commence the Master of Data Science within 18 months of completing the undergraduate degree.
Inherent requirements (core participation requirements)
For the purposes of considering a request for Reasonable Adjustments under the Disability Standards for Education (2005), and Students Experiencing Academic Disadvantage Policy, academic requirements for this subject are articulated in the Subject Description, Subject Objectives, Generic Skills and Assessment Requirements of this entry.The University is dedicated to providingsupport to those with special requirements. Further details on the disability support scheme can be found at the Disability Liaison Unit website. http://www.services.unimelb.edu.au/disability/
Last updated: 12 November 2022