About this course
1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
- an undergraduate degree in dance; or
- at least six years of documented professional experience in dance and/or related performing arts; or
- an Honours degree in dance or a related field; and
- an interview (shortlisted applicants only).
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
2. In ranking the applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
- prior academic performance; and
- documented professional experience; and
- interview (shortlisted applicants only).
3. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Student Application and Selection Procedure.
4. Applicants are required to satisfy the university's English language requirements for postgraduate courses. For those applicants seeking to meet these requirements by one of the standard tests approved by the Academic Board, performance band 6.5 is required.
- Successful applicants with an Honours Degree from an approved course may be granted up to 100 points of advanced standing for the year 1 subjects, commencing their Masters in year 2.
Inherent requirements (core participation requirements)
Inherent requirements are the abilities, knowledge and skills needed to complete this course that must be met by all students. For information on the inherent requirements specific to this course contact the course/program coordinator. In some circumstances reasonable adjustments may be available to enable students to meet these requirements while still preserving the academic integrity of the university's learning, assessment and accreditation processes. For more information on how to seek these adjustments refer to the Student Equity and Disability Support website: https://services.unimelb.edu.au/student-equity/home
Last updated: 12 November 2022