About this course
1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
- A bachelor honours degree* or equivalent in a cognate area (i.e., business or economics related); or
- A three-year undergraduate qualification* and at least 50 credit points, or equivalent, of graduate study in a cognate area; or
- A three-year undergraduate qualification* in a cognate area and at least two years of documented, relevant work experience; or
- A minimum of eight years documented, relevant work experience; and
- A personal statement (no more than 1000 words) outlining why they wish to be considered for the course; and
- An interview (for shortlisted candidates only).
*Undergraduate qualification must have a University of Melbourne equivalent weighted average mark of least 65% (H3) or equivalent.
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
2. In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
- Prior academic and/or professional performance; and
- The personal statement, and
- The interview (for shortlisted candidates).
3. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Academic Board Rules on the use of selection instruments.
4. Applicants are required to satisfy the university’s English language requirements for graduate courses. For those applicants seeking to meet these requirements by one of the standard tests approved by the Academic Board, performance band 7.0 is required.
Inherent requirements (core participation requirements)
The University of Melbourne is committed to providing students with reasonable adjustments to assessment and participation under the Disability Standards for Education (2005), and the Assessment and Results Policy (MPF1326). Students are expected to meet the core participation requirements for their course. These can be viewed under Entry and Participation Requirements for the course outlines in the Handbook. Further details on how to seek academic adjustments can be found on the Student Equity and Disability Support website: http://services.unimelb.edu.au/student-equity/home
Last updated: 7 June 2022