About this course
Intended learning outcomes
This course aims to equip students with the ability to:
- Undertake discipline-specific knowledge and expertise appropriate for post-graduate research in the Earth Sciences field;
- Exercise critical judgement;
- Undertake rigorous and independent thinking; and
- Adopt a problem-solving approach to new and unfamiliar tasks.
- Have the ability to demonstrate advanced independent critical enquiry, analysis and reflection;
- Have a strong sense of intellectual integrity and the ethics of scholarship;
- Have in-depth knowledge of their specialist discipline(s);
- Reach a high level of achievement in writing, research or project activities, problem-solving and communication;
- Be critical and creative thinkers, with an aptitude for continued self-directed learning;
- Be able to examine critically, synthesise and evaluate knowledge across a broad range of disciplines;
- Have a set of flexible and transferable skills for different types of employment; and
- Be able to initiate and implement constructive change in their communities, including professions and workplaces.
Last updated: 20 January 2022