About this course
1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
—a cognate masters coursework degree with a weighted average mark of at least H3 (65%), or
—a cognate four-year undergraduate degree (with honours), or
—a three-year cognate undergraduate degree with a weighted average mark of at least H3 (65%) and two years of documented relevant professional experience.
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
2. In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
- prior academic performance; and, if relevant
- the professional experience.
3. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Academic Board rules on the use of selection instruments.
4. Applicants are required to satisfy the university’s English language requirements for postgraduate courses. For those applicants seeking to meet these requirements by one of the standard tests approved by the Academic Board, performance band 6.5 is required.
Cognate areas include architecture, history, art history, landscape architecture, archaeology, policy studies, cultural studies, urban planning, interior design or equivalent as determined by the selection committee.
For information about how to apply click here.
Inherent requirements (core participation requirements)
For the purposes of considering a request for Reasonable Adjustments under the Disability Standards for Education (2005), and Students Experiencing Academic Disadvantage Policy, academic requirements for this subject are articulated in the Subject Description, Subject Objectives, Generic Skills and Assessment Requirements of this entry.The University is dedicated to providingsupport to those with special requirements. Further details on the disability support scheme can be found at the Disability Liaison Unit website. http://www.services.unimelb.edu.au/disability/
Last updated: 29 January 2022