Intended learning outcomes
- Achieve oral and written French Level A2 of the Common European Framework of Languages.
- Understand key issues and concepts relevant to French and Francophone Studies.
- Apply relevant research and analytical skills to complete self-directed small research projects in French and Francophone Studies.
- Use a wide range of learning and research technologies in French as autonomous, motivated, self-directed and well-organised learners.
- Engage critically and constructively in transcultural and identity issues as global citizens in a multilingual society.
- Develop critical workplace skills such as problem-solving, teamwork, clear communication, self and peer evaluation, mentoring, information literacy, professionalism and digital competency.
- Independent learning;
- Critical thinking and in the interpretation of texts;
- Ability to understand the social and cultural sensitivity of language use in particular contexts;
- Ability to appreciate different cultural contexts present in French-speaking communities;
- Ability to time manage and plan: through managing and organising workloads for required and recommended reading, essay and assignment completion and revision for examinations.
- intercultural competence
- appreciation and respect for diversity
- critical thinking
- digital literacy and workplace professionalism
Last updated: 29 January 2022