|Award title||Undergraduate Certificate (French)|
|Year & campus||2022|
|Fees information||Subject EFTSL, level, discipline and census date|
|Study level & type||Undergraduate Coursework|
|Credit points||50 credit points|
|Duration||6 months full-time|
Inherent requirements (core participation requirements)Inherent requirements are the abilities, knowledge and skills needed to complete this course that must be met by all students. For information on the inherent requirements specific to this course contact the course/program coordinator. In some circumstances reasonable adjustments may be available to enable students to meet these requirements while still preserving the academic integrity of the university's learning, assessment and accreditation processes. For more information on how to seek these adjustments refer to the Student Equity and Disability Support website: https://services.unimelb.edu.au/student-equity/home
Intended learning outcomes
- Achieve oral and written French Level A2 of the Common European Framework of Languages.
- Understand key issues and concepts relevant to French and Francophone Studies.
- Apply relevant research and analytical skills to complete self-directed small research projects in French and Francophone Studies.
- Use a wide range of learning and research technologies in French as autonomous, motivated, self-directed and well-organised learners.
- Engage critically and constructively in transcultural and identity issues as global citizens in a multilingual society.
- Develop critical workplace skills such as problem-solving, teamwork, clear communication, self and peer evaluation, mentoring, information literacy, professionalism and digital competency.
- Independent learning;
- Critical thinking and in the interpretation of texts;
- Ability to understand the social and cultural sensitivity of language use in particular contexts;
- Ability to appreciate different cultural contexts present in French-speaking communities;
- Ability to time manage and plan: through managing and organising workloads for required and recommended reading, essay and assignment completion and revision for examinations.
- intercultural competence
- appreciation and respect for diversity
- critical thinking
- digital literacy and workplace professionalism
Students must complete:
- 4 compulsory subjects (50 points)
Please note: Students must complete the Placement Test to ensure that they are eligible to complete the subjects on offer - https://edtech.le.unimelb.edu.au/login/lpt/
|Code||Name||Study period||Credit Points|
|FREN20016||French and Francophone Cultural Studies||Not available in 2022||12.5|
|LANG20001||Languages at Work||Not available in 2022||12.5|
Last updated: 29 January 2022