Informal specialisationYear: 2023
Dr Ajibade Aibinu
Melbourne School of Design
Currently enrolled students:
Further information: http://msd.unimelb.edu.auEmail: http://msd.unimelb.edu.au
The specialisation in cost management prepares students for a professional career in quantity surveying, cost engineering and cost estimating in the Australian and the international market. Its main technical component is concerned with all aspects of contractual and financial management in construction projects.
Intended learning outcomes
- Acquire expertise in all aspects of contractual and financial management of building projects;
- Learn how to engineer, monitor and control costs from project inception to completion;
- Evaluate and offer appropriate advice on the financial implications of technical alternatives;
- Develop the ability to apply the principles and theories of economics, law, management and statistics to financial management and control of projects;
- Deal with cost control and management of risks in construction.
Last updated: 24 January 2023