Graduate Certificate in Visual Art (842AA) // Entry and participation requirements
About this course
- Entry and participation requirements
- Attributes, outcomes and skills
- Course structure
- Further study
Currently enrolled students:
1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
- undergraduate degree or equivalent, or
- five years of documented relevant work experience; AND
- a portfolio.
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
2. In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
- prior academic achievement, or
- documented relevant professional or work experience; AND
- the portfolio.
3. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Academic Board rules on the use of selection instruments.
4. Applicants are required to satisfy the university’s English language requirements for postgraduate courses. For those applicants seeking to meet these requirements by one of the standard tests approved by the Academic Board, performance band 6.5 is required.
- Details for the portfolio can be found on the Fine Arts and Music Study website https://finearts-music.unimelb.edu.au/study-with-us
Inherent requirements (core participation requirements)
For the purposes of considering request for Reasonable Adjustments under the Disability Standards for Education (Cwth 2005), and Students Experiencing Academic Disadvantage Policy, academic requirements for this subject are articulated in the Subject Description, Subject Objectives, Generic Skills and Assessment Requirements of this entry. The University is dedicated to provide support to those with special requirements.
Students who have a disability which may prevent them from participating in tasks involving these inherent academic requirements are encouraged to contact Student Equity and Disability Services: https://students.unimelb.edu.au/student-support/student-equity-and-disability-support
Last updated: 24 January 2023