1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
• an undergraduate degree; and
• two years of documented work experience; and
a personal statement outlining why they wish to be considered for the course.
Applicants are also required to nominate referees.
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
2. In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
• prior academic performance; and
• the work experience; and
• the personal statement; and
• the referee reports.
3. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Academic Board rules on the use of selection instruments
4. Applicants are required to satisfy the university’s English language requirements for postgraduate courses. For those applicants seeking to meet these requirements by one of the standard tests approved by the Academic Board, performance band 6.5 is required.
• These programs are only available part-time and direct admission to the Master of Business Administration is not permitted. Students who successfully complete the Graduate Diploma in Business Administration may be eligible to progress to the Master of Business Administration with 112.5 points credit.
• Students who discontinue from the Master of Business Administration but have successfully completed the requirements of the Graduate Diploma in Business Administration will be eligible to receive the Graduate Diploma in Business Administration as an exit award.
Inherent requirements (core participation requirements)
For the purposes of considering a request for Reasonable Adjustments under the Disability Standards for Education (2005), and Students Experiencing Academic Disadvantage Policy, academic requirements for this subject are articulated in the Subject Description, Subject Objectives, Generic Skills and Assessment Requirements of this entry.The University is dedicated to providingsupport to those with special requirements. Further details on the disability support scheme can be found at the Disability Liaison Unit website. http://www.services.unimelb.edu.au/disability/
Last updated: 10 November 2023