- Specialist Certificate in Public Administration (Advanced)
- Entry and participation requirements
Specialist Certificate in Public Administration (Advanced) (SC-PAADV) // Entry and participation requirements
About this course
Phone: + 61 3 8344 0149
Contact hours: https://unimelb.edu.au/professional-development/contact-us
1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants:
• must be employed as a ministerial officer (or equivalent); and,
• must have completed an undergraduate degree in an appropriate discipline or equivalent; or
• must have completed seven years of documented relevant work experience and demonstrated evidence of written and analytical skills appropriate for postgraduate study.
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
2. In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
• Prior academic performance; and
• Relevant work experience.
3. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application
in accordance with the Academic Board rules on the use of selection instruments.
4. Applicants are required to satisfy the university’s English language requirements for graduate
courses. For those applicants seeking to meet these requirements by one of the standard
tests approved by the Academic Board, performance band 6.5 is required.
Inherent requirements (core participation requirements)
The University of Melbourne is committed to providing students reasonable adjustments to assessment and participation under the Disability Standards for Education (2005) and the Assessment and Results Policy (MPF127). For the purposes of considering requests for reasonable adjustments, academic requirements for this course are articulated in the overview, attributes, outcomes and skills of this entry. Further details about how to seek academic adjustments can be found on the Student Equity and Disability Support website: http://services.unimelb.edu.au/student-equity/home
Last updated: 24 January 2023