About this course
Coordinator: Dr Violeta Schubert
Phone: + 61 3 8344 0149
Contact hours: https://unimelb.edu.au/professional-development/contact-us
1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have completed:
- an honours degree in a cognate discipline, or equivalent; and
- at least two years of documented relevant professional work experience, or
- an undergraduate degree in a cognate discipline or equivalent, with a weighted average mark of at least 70% or equivalent (eg University of Manchester’s 2:1); and
- at least two years of documented, relevant professional work experience, or
- a minimum of eight years documented, relevant work experience.
Meeting this requirement does not guarantee selection.
2. In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
- prior academic performance; and
- relevance of previous studies.
3. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Academic Board rules on the use of selection instruments.
4. Applicants are required to satisfy the university’s English language requirements for graduate courses. If English is not your first language, you need to take an English language test to demonstrate your English language proficiency for university study at Masters level. You are required to meet the IELTS minimum average performance of 6.5 with no lower than 6 on any band or the equivalence from another relevant English Language test accepted by University of Manchester or University of Melbourne.
Applicants seeking entry based on relevant work experience must document their experience with a brief curriculum vitae detailing the experience, contact details of two referees who can confirm the authenticity and nature of the experience claimed, and a covering letter that explains how the experience is relevant to the program and prepares them for it.
Inherent requirements (core participation requirements)
The course is designed for online delivery, students are required to participate online. Students will be required to meet some basic technological requirements such as ongoing and stable access to the internet, up to date browsers, and a microphone and headset for webinars (as specified at: https://online.unimelb.edu.au/support/current-students/apps-and-software-info/systems-and-support)
Last updated: 30 January 2024