|Look up fees
This is a reading subject for students who have completed Arabic 8 or equivalent. Readings will be selected in consultation with the student in the first week of the semester and should be completed in line with the guidelines provided to the student. At least 80% of the readings should be in Arabic. Focus will be on one area of Arabic studies: literature. Students enrolling in this subject should be able to undertake a small-scale research project in Arabic literature and present the findings in a scholarly manner.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, students should:
- Have developed the ability to read, understand, analyse & discuss substantial amounts of complex Arabic texts of Arabic literature & literary criticism
- Have developed a good understanding of a small specific area of Arabic literature
- Have acquired the skills to identify relevant materials & analyse these systematically
- Have developed the ability to create & follow an independent work program, working without explicit guidance
- Have developed the ability to undertake a small-scale research project in Arabic literature
- Have developed the ability to discuss complex literary & cultural phenomena in a sophisticated and coherent manner
- Have developed the ability to present the findings in a scholarly manner and to present research in an academic format.
Last updated: 1 March 2024