About this subject
- Eligibility and requirements
- Dates and times
- Further information
- Timetable (login required)(opens in new window)
Phone: + 61 3 8344 0149
Contact hours: https://unimelb.edu.au/professional-development/contact-us
November - Online
|Look up fees
Throughout practical, adaptive online simulations, you will have the opportunity to apply your management and leadership skills and work collaboratively to resolve complex challenges and conflicts. Within the context of simulated scenarios, you will build on your reflexive decision-making abilities and demonstrate the capacity to exercise sound judgment under pressure and lead with confidence, while working as part of a team.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding and application of knowledge and skills required at different levels of leadership: personal, organisational, interorganisational and global
- Apply their knowledge and skills of management and leadership techniques to specific contexts as appropriate within the development sector
- Understand and reflect on the practical implications of making decisions in tight time frames, working with teams and different stakeholders
- Effectively respond to challenges as they arise in a program or project setting.
The expected skills developed through successful completion of the subject are:
- Problem solving
- Analytic skills
- Improve skills in written and oral communication
- Ability to use online mediums for learning
- Reflexivity and critical self-awareness skills.
Last updated: 31 January 2024