March - Dual-Delivery
|Look up fees
The subject focuses on the leadership and management issues focused on improving teaching and learning in schools. It provides a definition of curriculum leadership, explores contemporary ideas of teaching and learning, explores the key leadership role of capacity building, and considers the contexts in which schools exist and how these impact on schools.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Understand, apply, analyse and critically evaluate the concept of curriculum leadership.
- Understand contemporary ideas of teaching and learning.
- Understand and apply the key leadership role of capacity building.
- Understand, analyse and critically evaluate the contexts in which schools exist and how these impact on schools.
- Critical reasoning and thinking
- Problem solving
- Evidence based decision making
- Creativity and innovation
- Teamwork and professional collaboration
- Self-reflection, career awareness and lifelong learning
Last updated: 10 February 2024