May - Dual-Delivery
|Look up fees
This is the first of two subjects that Master of Instructional Leadership students complete as part of their (AQF) Capstone experience. The subject will provide an introduction to approaches to conducting evidence-based research in educational settings. This will include: guiding students through critical evaluation of relevant literature, the purposes and characteristics of qualitative and quantitative methodologies for data collection and the procedures and processes for executing a research project including ethical, design and analysis considerations, Students working in groups will develop short research proposals and present these proposals as part of the subject.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, students will acquire skills in the following:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the processes to conduct evidence based educational research
- Participate in reflective and critical discussion of current issues in research in education
- Identify and research an area of educational interest in their professional setting.
- Demonstrate familiarity with methodological perspectives and appropriateness of methods chosen to address a research area in an educational setting
- Develop presentation skills
Last updated: 10 February 2024