Semester 2 (Early-Start)
|Look up fees
This subject continues the work begun in Music Theatre Combination Skills 1 with further synthesis and exploration of acting, singing, and dancing in combination and through performance. Acting through song classes will advance to study a specific character from an assigned text.
Students continue to expand their acting and singing skills in combination by autonomously preparing work for lecturer feedback through performances in various styles. Through acting, singing, and research students will further develop the combination of their skills toward performance. Skills in acting, dancing and singing in combination will progress through a performance in the ensemble of a main stage musical.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- experiment with self-led processes to assist integration of acting and singing in combination;
- apply combined technical proficiency in acting, singing, and dancing in an ensemble setting;
- examine research to inform style, genre, character, and place in musical theatre performance;
- critically apply appropriate artistic choices to music, text and choreography;
- reflect deeply on the combination of acting, singing and dancing skills;
- combine cooperative, collaborative skills within a musical theatre ensemble.
Last updated: 31 January 2024