|Look up fees
This subject continues to refine studio skills learned in acting, singing, and dancing to professional readiness. Students will further engage with the creation of a main stage musical production and an industry Showcase.
This subject is the final opportunity for students to hone their professional instrument as they prepare for entry into the musical theatre industry and as such, is a capstone experience for students. Through the development of two major performance pieces and reflection, students will deepen their performative skills at a pre-professional level.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- demonstrate advanced music theatre skills in performance;
- combine skills in singing, acting and dance to professional readiness;
- develop and demonstrate cooperative, collaborative skills with industry professionals in a production environment;
- critically examine and reflect on the rehearsal process for a completed performance;
- apply advanced studio skills to rehearsal and performance;
- perform enhanced skills in developing a role, with consideration of character, style, period and their inherent vocal, acting and dance.
Last updated: 31 January 2024