- Bachelor of Arts (Degree with Honours)
- Specialisation (Formal)
- Spanish and Latin American Studies
The minimum entry requirement for Spanish and Latin American Studies honours is completion of all the requirements for the BA, with a major in Spanish / Spanish and Latin American Studies and an average of at least H2B (70%) in second and third-year subjects within the major, or equivalent.
The honours program in Spanish and Latin American Studies comprises advanced coursework and an individual research project designed to extend students’ knowledge and skills in one specific field of Hispanic Studies (such as Hispanic literary studies or Hispanic cultural studies). After successfully completing the program, students will have gained considerable practical skills such as research skills, report writing, presentation and communication skills, language skills and international and cultural awareness.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Communicate effectively in a range of written and oral genres and social contexts in Spanish;
- Apply advanced knowledge of Spanish language and of Spanish and Latin American culture and society in relevant professional and academic contexts;
- Utilise rigorous methods of inquiry and theories and methodologies appropriate to Spanish and Latin American Studies;
- Construct and sustain an argument based on research.
Last updated: 22 February 2024