Bachelor of Fine Arts (Degree with Honours)Specialisation (formal)Year: 2023
The Theatre specialisation offers students, under the guidance of their supervisor, an opportunity to combine rigorous creative investigation with practice-led research skills – interlocking critical curiosity and creative enquiry to encourage a deeper understanding and capacity as contemporary theatre artists and thinkers. The Theatre specialisation introduces students to practice-led research skills and methodologies to underpin and support the creation of a major creative work and a related research paper.
The Theatre specialisation seeks to introduce students of proven ability and aptitude to research training – developing their critical inquisitiveness, creative drive, and capacity to devise, define and manage a major creative research project. The Theatre specialisation aims to produce innovative, ethical, critically engaged creative practitioners.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this specialisation, students should be able to:
- plan and execute an independently devised major project in theatre;
- analyse and situate a theatre practice in a research-led context;
- persuasively reflect on their own artistic position in oral and written form;
- produce work in alignment with professional theatre requirements;
- apply analytical, critical and research skills in the creation of an independent theatre project.
Last updated: 11 May 2023