Honours in Chemistry is a one-year program designed to extend students' knowledge and skills through a supervised research project together with advanced coursework in chemistry.
In addition to satisfying the Bachelor of Science (Degree with Honours) entry requirements, students are required to have completed stream specific prerequisites. Details of stream specific prerequisites can be found at the Bachelor of Science (Degree with Honours) entry and participation requirements page.
Honours in Chemistry is available as start of year intake and mid year intake.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this Honours program, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge and conceptual understanding of chemical science
- Understand and explain the process and practice of chemical research
- Demonstrate individual investigative skills, critical thought and the ability to evaluate information and to analyse experimental data
- Demonstrate the acquisition of experimental or theoretical skills in areas currently relevant to one of the research groups in the School of Chemistry
- Communicate clearly in appropriate oral and written forms about their research
- Articulate and apply correct laboratory safety procedures.
Last updated: 22 August 2023