Honours in Chemistry is a one-year program designed to extend students' knowledge and skills through a supervised research project together with advanced coursework in chemistry.
In addition to satisfying the Bachelor of Science (Degree with Honours) entry requirements, students are required to have completed stream specific prerequisite.
Honours in Chemistry is available as start of year intake and mid year intake.
The Honours program in Chemistry is designed to:
- increase the student's knowledge and understanding of chemical science;
- develop the process and practice of chemical research;
- encourage the development of individual investigative skills, critical thought and the ability to evaluate information and to analyse experimental data;
- promote the acquisition of experimental or theoretical skills in areas currently relevant to one of the research groups in the School of Chemistry;
- improve oral and written communication skills; and
- ensure that students receive essential training in laboratory safety procedures.