A Graduate Certificate in Arts allows you to complete a comprehensive six-month course of study, in Development Studies. It is particularly useful if you are returning to tertiary study after time away from an academic environment or want to up skill in a particular area of Development Studies.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this specialisation, students should be able to:
- demonstrate an independent approach to knowledge that uses rigorous methods of inquiry and appropriate theories and methodologies that are applied with intellectual honesty and a respect for ethical values;
- apply critical and analytical skills and methods to the identification and resolution of problems within complex changing social contexts;
- act as informed and critically discriminating participants within the community of scholars, as citizens and in the work force;
- communicate effectively;
- commit to continuous learning; and
- be proficient in the use of appropriate modern technologies, such as the computer and other information technology systems, for the acquisition, processing and interpretation of data.
Last updated: 27 April 2022