About this course
Intended learning outcomes
Students completing this course should be able to:
- demonstrate a superior knowledge and understanding of educational theory and practice in general and in a specialised area in particular;
- express informed opinions about particular areas of current educational interest; and show their understanding of recent developments in education research within their specialist area.
Students will demonstrate the following skills:
- cognitive, technical and creative skills to investigate, analyse and synthesise complex information, problems, concepts and theories and to apply established theories to different bodies of education knowledge or practice;
- communication and technical research skills to justify and interpret theoretical propositions, methodologies, conclusions that inform professional decisions in the field of education;
- technical and communication skills to design, evaluate, implement, analyse, and theorise about developments in education research that contribute to professional practice or scholarship in the field of education.
Students completing this course will be able to demonstrate the application of the following knowledge & skills:
- appreciation of professional responsibilities and ethical principles which should characterise leaders in the education profession;
- to plan and execute an education research-based project, or piece of education research scholarship within their area of specialisation;
- the cognitive, technical and creative skills to investigate, analyse and synthesise complex information, problems, concepts and theories and to apply established theories to different bodies of education knowledge or practice.
Last updated: 29 January 2022