About this course
|Award title||Bachelor of Music|
|Year & campus||2022 — Southbank|
|Fees information||Subject EFTSL, level, discipline and census date|
|Study level & type||Undergraduate Coursework|
|Credit points||300 credit points|
|Duration||36 months full-time or 72 months part-time|
The Bachelor of Music provides advanced training across a variety of musical disciplines. Students major in Composition, Interactive Composition, Jazz & Improvisation, Musicology & Ethnomusicology, Music Studies, Performance, or Performance (ANAM).
The program develops technically advanced and experienced musicians through an immersive and practical curriculum with music core studies, music electives and complementary breadth subjects.
- develop skills, knowledge and understanding of the practical, theoretical and conceptual aspects of music;
- broaden their musical knowledge across a range of styles and repertoire;
- develop advanced critical thinking and creative problem-solving through regular practical activities and theoretical studies;
- participate in performance and academic activities;
- opportunities for solo and ensemble performances;
- have access to a wide range of invaluable career experiences at a local or international context.
For students who commenced prior to 2022
For students who commenced the Bachelor of Music prior to 2022, please go to the 2021 Handbook to view your course structure and subject options.
Last updated: 26 May 2022