1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have:
- Completed VCE or equivalent; or completed an Appropriate VET qualification at Certificate IV or above; and
- Be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent; and
- The academic capacity and potential for leadership in the community, assessed by interview and by referee reports.
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
2. In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
- prior academic performance;
- the interview and referee reports.
3. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Academic Board rules on the use of selection instruments.
Note: Non-school leavers, mature age students and alternative pathway applications will be considered.
Successful students will be selected on their likelihood to succeed in the Diploma in General Studies. Qualifications will be assessed on application.
Applications can be made through VTAC (Victorian Tertiary Admissions centre). Applicants can submit a direct application to the University, however, direct applications will only be considered after the VTAC offers have closed.
Inherent requirements (core participation requirements)
Inherent requirements are the abilities, knowledge and skills needed to complete this course that must be met by all students. For information on the inherent requirements specific to this course contact the course/program coordinator. In some circumstances reasonable adjustments may be available to enable students to meet these requirements while still preserving the academic integrity of the university's learning, assessment and accreditation processes. For more information on how to seek these adjustments refer to the Student Equity and Disability Support website: https://services.unimelb.edu.au/student-equity/home
Last updated: 15 September 2021