1. Handbook
  2. Courses
  3. Diploma in Languages
  4. Further study

Diploma in Languages (D-LANG) // Further study

You’re viewing the 2019 Handbook:
Or view archived Handbooks

Further study


Students wishing to qualify for entry to the BA (Honours) should note that Diploma graduates must have completed a Bachelor of Arts degree to be eligible to apply for the BA (Honours), otherwise they may apply for a Graduate Diploma in Arts (Advanced). The Honours program comprises a research project as well as specialist subjects. For more information on entry to Honours, see the Arts Honours webpage.

Coursework Masters

If you wish to continue your professional studies at postgraduate level, the studies you undertake in your major can provide a direct pathway to coursework masters degrees in a wide range of areas. Entry is based on academic merit and in most cases requires completion of a Bachelor degree or equivalent. For more information on entry into a coursework masters degree see the University graduate programs webpages.

Research Higher Degrees

If you wish to undertake advanced research and explore particular study areas in more depth, there will be opportunities to proceed to a range of Research Higher Degrees at masters and doctoral level, usually upon completion of an Honours degree. For more information about research higher degree study in Arts and the entry requirements, see the Arts Graduate Research Programs webpages and the Graduate Research Hub.

Last updated: 16 October 2019