About this course
Melbourne School of Professional and Continuing Education
Phone: + 61 3 8344 0149
Monday to Friday 8am to 9pm. Weekends and University of Melbourne observed Public Holidays 10am to 5pm.
Dr Michelle McNamara
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this course, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate an advanced practical understanding and knowledge of recent developments in the management of biotechnology enterprises from a multidisciplinary and global perspective;
- Manage the use of quality systems and regulatory requirements in biotechnology organisations;
- Develop and manage clinical, prototyping and field trial programs to deliver products meeting market need;
- Critically and creatively analyse the management of biotechnology enterprise through world best practice techniques;
- Evaluate various options for appropriate multidisciplinary approaches to the management of biotechnology enterprises and communicate findings appropriately for relevant diverse audiences;
- Show initiative and autonomy in managing multifunctional groups creatively in delivery of commercial outcomes in biotechnology organisations;
- Support management of a biotechnology organisation or business unit with accountability.
- Ability to demonstrate advanced independent critical enquiry;
- A strong sense of intellectual integrity and the ethics of scholarship;
- Have in-depth knowledge of their specialist discipline(s);
- A high level of achievement in writing, project activities, problem-solving and communication;
- The ability to critically examine issues, synthesise and evaluate knowledge across a broad range of disciplines;
- Critical and creative thought, with an aptitude for continued self-directed learning;
- Flexible and transferable skills for different types of employment;
- The ability to initiate and implement constructive change in their communities, including professions and workplaces;
- A sound knowledge of the importance of values and ethics in the governance of organisations.
Last updated: 27 May 2021