1. In order to be considered for entry, applicants must have:
- Completed a Bachelor of Nursing degree or higher-level degree (e.g. Master’s of Nursing Science – entry-to-practice); and
- Current and unrestricted registration as a Division 1 Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency; and
- Documented evidence of a minimum of one year post-registration clinical experience; and
- Clinical support from a partnering health service and be employed a minimum of three (3) days or 24 hours per week in a specialty area of cancer care for the duration of the course.
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
2. In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
- Prior academic performance; and
- Relevant professional experience; and
- Documented evidence of working in a specialty area of cancer care for the duration of the course; and
- Completed nomination form from the applicant’s health service.
3. The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Academic Board rules on the use of selection instruments.
4. Applicants are required to satisfy the university’s English language requirements for graduate courses. For those applicants seeking to meet these requirements by one of the standard tests provided by the Academic Board, performance band of an overall 6.5 is required.
Inherent requirements (core participation requirements)
For the purposes of considering a request for Reasonable Adjustments under the Disability Standards for Education (2005) and Students Experiencing Academic Disadvantage Policy, academic requirements for this subject are articulated in the subject description, subject objectives, generic skills and assessment requirements of this entry. The university is dedicated to proving support to those with special requirements. Further details in the disability support scheme can be found at the Disability Liaison website http://www.services.unimelb.edu.au/disability
Last updated: 12 November 2021