About this course
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify an issue in education as an investigable research project.
- Understand the range and applicability of research methodologies, and their appropriateness to a particular project.
- Design and undertake a research project in Education.
- Synthesise evidence and findings of educational research in an appropriate way.
- Communicate and defend results of the research study.
This course will develop the following set of generic skills:
- Critical reasoning and thinking in educational research.
- Appraisal of education research debates and practices.
- Evaluation and communication of education research and practice.
The course will develop in students a commitment to research excellence in education, allowing them to develop a critical understanding of their discipline, the process of research, and their capacities as critical, creative, and ethical researchers.
Last updated: 10 November 2023