- Graduate Certificate in Language and Cultural Literacy
- Attributes, outcomes and skills
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this course, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate improved understanding and awareness of language and cultural literacy;
- Communicate effectively in the target language(s) in a variety of oral and written formats, at an improved level of competence relative to and developed from the student's entry level;
- Demonstrate an appreciation of the language's discourse and cultural contexts;
- Communicate effectively in a transcultural setting.
On completion of this course, students should have:
- Acquired enhanced transferable reading, writing, speaking and intercultural skills; and
- Improved the scope of their employment options and professional advancement.
- Graduates will demonstrate an advanced level of skills in communication
- Graduates will be active collaborators in intercultural communities and workplaces
Integrity and self-awareness
- Graduates will be aware of their own strengths and strategies for handling challenges in intercultural communication responsibly
Last updated: 24 July 2021